Sunday, October 4, 2015

Playing Hairdresser Again

I needed a little change, so I decided instead of cutting off all of my hair, that I would go lighter.  So glad I did!

Here is a photo of the last time I colored my hair which was about 4 months ago.


I had an ombre' that had faded, so I just added the dark color to the top half.  


But of course, we all know that color fades as time goes by.  My original hair color is blonde.  As I got older, it became a little darker in spots except around my face.  So when I color my hair dark, my blonde always shows it's color around my temples along with a few grey hairs (cough cough) making it a pain to have dark hair when I pull it back.

See, I was born a blonde.



This was my hair color when Mike and I were dating before I started highlighting it.  I've always had red and gold undertones when I lightened my hair so I gave up when I was younger.  I have horror stories about carrot orange hair on a Sunday night before school and no stores being open, lol.  Oh, it was awful!
But it taught me that any hair catastrophe wasn't the end of the world.

So, I bought some Color OOps to take out the dark color.  If you have fake color in your hair and want to go lighter, you have to do this or the bleach will not lighten.


This is what it looked like after...


Orange!


Then my sweet Sara did my hair with these two colors.  Ion High Lift ash blonde and pale ash blonde.


I think she owes me from all of the hours spent on her hair, don't you?  lol  She did a great job!

I then used the Wella T18 toner. It didn't do the trick, so then I used the Wella 12A Ash blonde the next day to take out the brassiness.  It did the trick!


It turned out to be a strawberry blonde which was perfect.  See how my hair takes to the red and gold undertones even though I used "ash" everything?  At least my eyebrows match now!  I always had to dye them before with the dark hair.

I recommend using this shampoo for all blondes if you tend to have brassiness.  It truly works!  The girls use it on their platinum hair and it keeps it looking white.

Oh, and I cut my own hair too...not too shabby, huh?  I should have been a hair dresser...but then I would be dead from all of the fumes!  That stuff is dangerous, lol!
So, for the pick me up, it did the trick.  Between all that's going on in the world, our health, and daily life choices, a new hair color can add a little change to your life.  But without God, nothing would ever help.  He's the answer to everything and I am thankful I was able to do my own hair and save a few dollars.

I hope all of you have a very blessed coming week.  


4 comments:

  1. you are such a pretty girl with soul and a big, big heart.
    hugs kuni

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hair looks so pretty and thanks for all the good tips! Love your WV T Shirt......Go Mountaineers!!!!

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  3. The color and cut came out beautifully! It sounds like it was an adventure to get there!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping in...I love hearing from you! Hugs, Melanie