Tuesday, February 25, 2014

British Rose Wall Sconces

Well, I've been at it again....
I guess by now you all know I can't sit still and just take it easy can I?

I went to Lowes yesterday evening to buy new door knobs for all of our doors.  We still had those brassy ones that I despised!  But that's another story.  Anywho...I saw these beauties and knew I wanted them.  I've been wanting wall sconces for a long time now but could never find them in my budget.

Of course I knew I was going to paint them white.  I had seen these but at $50 a pop, I wasn't willing to pay that just yet.

Maybe later....but isn't this gorgeous?  I always seem to buy things I can re-do to save a little bit of moolah!  Plus it feels nicer knowing that I am making something unique.

I bought a lighting kit with a switch.  I forgot to take a photo so I am using one from Google.


I cut the wires from the candle base and wired them to the back of the wall sconce.  I used electrical tape and plugs to make it nice and safe.


And here they are, hung with a cord cozy and with the shades I made.  I just had enough of the British Rose fabric to make them.  I was sweatin'....no room for error!


I think they really turned out lovely and the light they give out in this dark area works great.  


Now, I don't have to worry about having a floor lamp here anymore.


I love how them look with the mirror and the Spanish window frame.  Oh, and did you notice I added a back to the window and painted it blue?

The total cost was under $50 for everything.  And just think...if I would have bought the white ones I'd be in it for more than $100!

  

6 comments:

  1. I love how the mirror and the scrollwork window complement the look in this area, and those sconces don't look anything like the ones you bought. The shades, crystals, and cord cozies are perfect. And I'm impressed with your wiring skills--now you can add "electrician" to your list of accomplishments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Melanie. They look awesome.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job, Melanie. They really look great and covering the cords makes a huge difference. You are one talented gal. Love the shades, too! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. That turned out really pretty! I was wondering what you were going to do about the cords--looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wat mooi Melanie. Nu ben je nog goedkoper uit en het is dan ook helemaal je eigen werk geweest. Staat echt super mooi.
    Lieve groetjes Brie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow sweetie, they turned out gorgeous!!! I just love your home,
    xoxo
    Olivia

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping in...I love hearing from you! Hugs, Melanie